you thought that you could run an IBM POS checkout transaction
only in an IBM POS Lab,
OmniPOS is a 4694 (or compatible)
POS Terminal Simulator. OmniPOS allows you to simulate a Terminal
along with peripherals in Windows or Linux environments.
OmniPOS simulated Terminal can
connect to any IBM POS Controller on your Corporate Network.
Thus users can run an IBM POS transaction against any Store Controller
(as long as they have been given access) right from their
OmniPOS allows you to simulate
multiple Terminals on your Desktop something that is
quite a hardware intensive task with physical terminals.
OmniPOS is an all Software Solution
that runs on Windows (or Linux) based Machines. So it is easy
to set up and use.
- Simulate different peripherals such
as Displays, Keyboards, Scanners, MSR, Printers, Scale etc.
- OmniPOS captures and makes available
to you the display and printer outputs.
Receipt Output can be printed on any local or network printer.
- Simulate multiple Terminals on your
desktop - with each Terminal potentially connecting to a
different IBM POS Controller. Thus, from your desktop, you
can run different versions or different releases of the
Terminal Sales Application.
- You can configure the simulated
keyboard by modifying the underlying XML data files.
Given that OmniPOS allows you to run IBM POS transactions right
at your desktop - and off any Store Controller on your Corporate
network, its usage is limited only by your imagination!
- Set up a bank of Store Controllers (say with different
releases or different versions) of the IBM POS application
- and have them always available for any development, testing,
application support, training, marketing, (or other departments')
personnel to run IBM POS transactions against.
- IT Staff can run IBM POS applications from home! This eliminates
the need to come in to work in response to support calls
- Show new or modified IBM POS application functionality to
remote marketing and promotions personnel or to get their
- Train new users to run checkout transactions right at
- Customer Care / Customer Service Department personnel
can run IBM POS transactions against a live Store Controler
(in Training Mode) to better respond to customer queries.
- Those responsible for creating the POS application documentation
can study and document the application behavior by running
transactions right at their desktop. They can also capture
screen shots to enhance their documentation.
- Application Development Group members can see the results
of their programming efforts right immediately by having
the ability to run IBM POS transactions at their desktop.
- Capture Receipt Output as a file and email it to outside
Vendors to report problems instead of faxing the receipt.
- Your Offsite Vendor can run IBM POS transactions against
your Controller to observe a reported problem - instead
of the Vendor spending a lot of effort to replicate the
problem in their Lab.
Security settings are kept in the User's Profile.
- At the time of log-in, the user is provided a set of store
controllers that s/he can connect to.
- The set of store controllers available to a user can be
- The set of terminal numbers that can be used when connecting
to a store controller can be restricted.
- Management can restrict whether the user can only run
in training mode or the real mode.